How can we help you?
Search our knowledge base for answers to common questions.
Do's and Don'ts
Tips and Tricks
- When you cut the pieces, what color are the ends? Do you have to paint them to make it look like actual rock?
- How do you miter it so that the rough edge is maintained on the end?
- Is there a specialized trim plate for installing onto metal buildings?
- How far above the grass or flower bed do I need to place my first panel?
- How many pieces are needed to wrap a pillar?
- How do I handle the end of a wall?
- Are strapping or starter strips needed when installing GenStone panels?
- Can this product be installed using only glue, no screws? I will be installing it on an existing concrete wall.
- What do you cut the panels with? Specific saw blade? Bandsaw?
- Do the pillar kits come with trim piece for the top and bottoms? I want to give a finished look at the top and base of my front porch.
- Do I used adhesive on the panels when using a vapor barrier?
- What type of adhesive is recommended?
Basic Product Knowledge
Differences in GenStone Products
Uses of GenStone
- Can this be used as a retaining wall facade?
- How do I install your product over corrugated metal building siding? Is this something that can be done?
- Can the panels be installed directly on top of the cedar siding? If so, would they be glued or nailed, or both?
- Is it recommended to install stone panels over existing veneer brick? If so is the literature for the installation procedure?
- Can GenStone be installed in a bathroom around a tub?
- We are wanting to use faux stone on the bottom of our veranda, but it is curved. How flexible is your faux stone, or brick?
Shipping and Delivery
New to the improvement world? These terms and definitions will help bring you up to speed.